Updated February 9th, 2019
This Acceptable Use Policy (this “Policy”) describes prohibited uses of our services and its affiliates (the “Services”) and the website. The examples described in this Policy are not exhaustive. We may modify this Policy at any time by posting a revised version onine. By using the Services, you agree to the latest version of this Policy. If you violate the Policy or authorize or help others to do so, we may suspend or terminate your use of the Services.
No Illegal, Harmful, or Offensive Use or Content
You may not use, or encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to use, the Services for any illegal, harmful, fraudulent, infringing or offensive use, or to transmit, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available content that is illegal, harmful, fraudulent, infringing or offensive. Prohibited activities or content include:
- Illegal, Harmful or Fraudulent Activities. Any activities that are illegal, that violate the rights of others, or that may be harmful to others, our operations or reputation, including disseminating, promoting or facilitating child pornography, offering or disseminating fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions, make-money-fast schemes, ponzi and pyramid schemes, phishing, or pharming.
- Infringing Content. Content that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property or proprietary rights of others.
- Offensive Content. Content that is defamatory, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, or otherwise objectionable, including content that constitutes child pornography, relates to bestiality, or depicts non-consensual sex acts.
- Harmful Content. Content or other computer technology that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, program, or data, including viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or cancelbots.
No Security Violations
You may not use the Services to violate the security or integrity of any network, computer or communications system, software application, or network or computing device (each, a “System”). Prohibited activities include:
- Unauthorized Access. Accessing or using any System without permission, including attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a System or to breach any security or authentication measures used by a System.
- Interception. Monitoring of data or traffic on a System without permission.
- Falsification of Origin. Forging TCP-IP packet headers, e-mail headers, or any part of a message describing its origin or route. The legitimate use of aliases and anonymous remailers is not prohibited by this provision.
No Network Abuse
You may not make network connections to any users, hosts, or networks unless you have permission to communicate with them. Prohibited activities include:
- Monitoring or Crawling. Monitoring or crawling of a System that impairs or disrupts the System being monitored or crawled.
- Denial of Service (DoS). Inundating a target with communications requests so the target either cannot respond to legitimate traffic or responds so slowly that it becomes ineffective.
- Intentional Interference. Interfering with the proper functioning of any System, including any deliberate attempt to overload a system by mail bombing, news bombing, broadcast attacks, or flooding techniques.
- Operation of Certain Network Services. Operating network services like open proxies, open mail relays, or open recursive domain name servers.
- Avoiding System Restrictions. Using manual or electronic means to avoid any use limitations placed on a System, such as access and storage restrictions.
No E-Mail or Other Message Abuse
You will not distribute, publish, send, or facilitate the sending of unsolicited mass e-mail or other messages, promotions, advertising, or solicitations (like “spam”), including commercial advertising and informational announcements. You will not alter or obscure mail headers or assume a sender’s identity without the sender’s explicit permission. You will not collect replies to messages sent from another internet service provider if those messages violate this Policy or the acceptable use policy of that provider.
Our Monitoring and Enforcement
We reserve the right, but do not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of this Policy or misuse of our Services.
- investigate violations of this Policy or misuse of the Services; or
- remove, disable access to, or modify any content or resource that violates this Policy or any other agreement we have with you for use of our Services.
We may report any activity that we suspect violates any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties. Our reporting may include disclosing appropriate customer information. We also may cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing network and systems information related to alleged violations of this Policy.
- In consideration for the use of the Service, you agree to: register for the Service; pay the fees due to us for the Service in accordance with the terms available in our “Pricing” page on the Website; and use the Service in accordance at all times with the License Agreement and the applicable Policies.
- The details provided by you in the Registration Section are important. The Service is available to persons acting within their trade or business or to individuals acting as consumers in which case the individual must be 18 or older.
- By registering as a User, you represent, warrant and undertake that the information you give is true, accurate and complete and that you will inform us of any change in your registration details.
- You are responsible for your login name and password.
- You acknowledge and agree not to: do anything which would assist an unauthorised access or use of our Website or Service; create registration accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the Website or Service; nor will you seek to pass yourself off as another user.
- You agree that you will take sole responsibility for any activities or actions under your BrainChain account, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. You will notify us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your password or account identifiers by others.
- To the extent permissible by law, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to: suspend or cancel access to the Service with immediate effect and without notice; and reject, in our sole discretion, any request for registration.
- You acknowledge that the Universities populate and maintain the data and therefore BrainChain has no control over or responsibility for the truth or accuracy of the degree results, past attendance or enrolment status information received by the Universities through this Website. Accordingly, you release and hold us harmless from all liability arising out of or in connection with any inaccuracies or omissions concerning a Response.
- All complaints relating to the degree results, past attendance, enrolment status or other information for which verification has been requested or its accuracy must be made directly to the University.
- We may at any time withdraw a University from the Service.
Data Protection and Audit
- Each party will implement appropriate legal, technical and organisational measures to protect personal information (“Personal Information”) as defined by the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (the “GDPR”) as applicable and/or any corresponding or equivalent national laws or regulations once in force and applicable (“Applicable Data Protection Laws”), as against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, damage, alteration or disclosure.
- You acknowledge that a Response will contain Personal Information regarding an individual and that you are responsible as a data controller, as defined in the DPA, (the “Data Controller”) for ensuring the protection and processing of such Personal Information in accordance with the DPA, and any other Applicable Data Protection Laws once in force and applicable.
- You may print, reproduce and store the Response for such purposes as are agreed with the individual whose information you are checking.
- To the extent that we access Personal Information of an individual to provide the Service to you, we will be the data processor, as defined in the DPA, (the “Data Processor”). We will only process Personal Information as is necessary for the provision of the Service.
- You will seek authorisation from every individual about whom you request the Service, through BrainChain.
- It is your responsibility to keep personal information relating to an individual no longer than required.
Reporting of Violations of this Policy
If you become aware of any violation of this Policy, you will immediately notify us and provide us with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy the violation.
To report any violation of this Policy, please report this at: firstname.lastname@example.org